Tuesday 9 August 2016

Swirly bird sailing boats.

As I live so close to the 'Norfolk Broads' I was inspired to create some sailing boat cards! I have used the 'swirly bird' stamp set again (what else!).For these cute cards I stamped the sailing boats out onto whisper white cardstock using various ink colours (basically whatever took my fancy!) and then I cut them out. I used watercolour card for the background and watered down some Marina mist ink. I 'washed' the watered down ink in a splat kind of arrangement (!!) and left these to dry. 

Slightly off topic, whilst working with the marina mist ink pad I accidentally leant my elbow into it and four days and four showers later I still have a rather attractive marina mist coloured elbow! (Note to self : more moisturiser on my elbows!) Sorry about random sharing but this did make me laugh to myself. 

Anyway, back to the cards. Once the backgrounds were dry I used the splatter stamp from the swirly bird and stamped in Mint macaron and stamped on the edge of the marina mist inking, to look like water splashes, I think this helped to created some movement to the boats. The sentiments I used were from 'one big Meaning' and 'Sunshine sayings' These were stamped onto whisper white in a coordinating ink colour and cut into a pennant on each end (to look like a flag?) I have stuck the boats to the cards using stampin dimensionals to add depth. I am really pleased with how these turned out. I hope you like them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment, I would love to hear from you.