Monday 13 June 2016

A 'Swirly Bird' Christmas!

More ideas using the Stampin' Up! 'Swirly Bird' stamp set! I really hope I am not boring you with this as I still have lots of ideas!
We are having a meeting on Wednesday of all the local Stampin' Up! demos. We will be doing a shoebox swap (this will be my first one) The inspiration is to use a stamp set that you already, not Christmas related and create a Christmas card with it. Obviously I have used my favourite set of the moment 'Swirly Bird' and this is what I came up with.

But first, here is the 'Swirly Bird' stamp set in all its photopolymer glory!

My first Christmas card uses a 'Crumb Cake' card base, versamark ink pad and white embossing powder, and that's it!
I used various stamps from the set to create a snowman, even his twiggy arms are the stamp that creates the veins for the leaves. I ran the versamark ink pad along the bottom of the card to create the snowy ground, covered in white embossing powder and heatset it.

The next card is a 4"x4" again, I drew a faint pencil circle in the centre of a piece of 'Crumb cake' cardstock and stamped both the large and small leaves around the circle. I stamped the little bird in 'crumb cake' ink and added some 'Real red' on his tummy to create a Robin. The red 'berries' were a small swirl stamp which I then cut out. I stuck the robin and leaves onto my wreath with stampin' dimensionals to make them stand out. I also stamped the robin legs on the card (mustn't forget those). I made a bow out of 'Wild Wasabi' ribbon and mounted this onto a 'Wild Wasabi' card base.
 
My final card  is nice and simple and is the one I will be using for the shoebox swap on Wednesday. Again I have used a 4"x4" 'wild wasabi' card base with a crumb cake layer to do the stamping on.
This time I have included the 'Swirly bird' die set and cut the largest die out of whisper white to create my snowy ground, I glued this to the crumb cake layer. The Christmas trees were made using one side of the sailing boat stamp in wild wasabi ink. The tree trunks were made with the tiny bow stamp ( which I only inked half of). Using my white ink I used the dotty background stamp to make it look as though snow was falling. I really hope you like them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment, I would love to hear from you.